Sunday, February 11, 2024

Military Wall Mural (AI and Collage)

Two weeks ago an acquaintance of mine, who is in the US Air Force, contacted me and asked if I could design a mural for him.  Apparently, some Captain (or maybe he was a Major) at F.E. Warren wanted to decorate a blank wall in the 90th Operations Group building.  The Captain wanted the mural to evoke a feeling of “heritage” while also being inclusive of all who currently worked at the base.  My friend wanted the mural to include elements that held historical significance to F.E. Warren like B-24 Bombers, Minuteman ICBMs, Transport Erector trucks, etc. 

 

Because I was given very little time to work on this project, I chose to create the final images using a collage of AI generated images as well as pre-existing photographs from Google.  Below are the two brainstorming plans I came up with.


After reviewing both designs the Captain ultimately decided to just paint the wall red and slap three squadron logos on top of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment