Sunday, June 12, 2016

GTA Concept Poster

When I completed my Degree Project for college last year I was eager to start working on a personal project. After going through several ideas I eventually decided to make-up a video game poster/box art, specifically from the Grand Theft Auto series.

 

Every GTA game takes place in a real life location (Miami, New York, Los Angles, etc.) but the name of the city is changed (for legal reasons). I picked New Orleans as the location for my fake box art because both the architecture and environment of the city is so unique. Why did I pick the name ‘Gulf City’? Because I wanted a name that spoke to the location of the game (New Orleans is near the Gulf of Mexico) and the word Gulf was short/direct like the word vice (used in the game GTA Vice City).

 

There is no denying that the 1970’s exuded style; and since no GTA game has been set during that decade that is why I chose it. The only thing on the poster I didn’t draw/create is the words ‘Grand Theft Auto’.



Legal Information: I am in no way affiliated with Rockstar Games or it’s parent company Take-Two Interactive. The logo ‘Grand Theft Auto’ is owned by its creator Rockstar Games. This artwork is not and will not be used for commercial purposes. To put it simply, I made this painting because I am a fan of the Grand Theft Auto series and wished to demonstrate my abilities as an artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment