Sunday, June 5, 2016

High School

While in high school I took a handful of art courses ranging from basic drawing to computer animation. Projects seemed to focus more on creating something from your imagination rather than drawing from observation (which is perfectly fine for a general high school course). I only wish I had taken a figure drawing class because to this day I still struggle with perspective and anatomy.
So why have I decided to post this work at all? Well, I want to show what my skills were seven years ago. Have I changed as an artist? Yes, I believe so.

Miscellaneous art from high school.

                

         

 

A study of shapes found in the real world.


                     

More miscellaneous art from high school.


                           

           


                           

I was a member of the art club and one of our projects was to create a mural for the art classroom hallway. We came up with the general concept of shoes and from there I drew up this plan.


 

Miscellaneous digital art made in Photoshop CS4.


   

                     

 

 

The following are still frames from an animated film I made in my senior year of high school. I took a course called AP (advanced placement) Art and the objective was to spend a year working on one project. I chose to make a 3d computer-animated film about global warming. I eventually won two gold keys from the Boston Globe Scholastic Art & Writing awards.




                               

                               

                               

                               

                               

                               

                               

                               



This snowy scene was a drawing I made for a calendar contest at Northeast Utilities. My picture was chosen for the month of January.





I used to be a big fan of the manga ‘One Piece’ by Eiichiro Oda and I based this drawing on an illustration he made


                 

No comments:

Post a Comment